Wednesday 6 October 2010

Kon Trubkovich



Trubkovich is a brilliant artist that I recently came across in 'Elephant' magazine. He creates art which visually documents history and the public domain. He records his own footage on a camcorder, then plays it back and paints the outcomes, including the TV disturbance. I find his work incredibly interesting and admire its accuracy. By using the same colours as those found on a television screen and the disturbance, he seems to create a whole new level of mark making for me.
This kind of style is perfect for my 'Reinventing Illustration' project. By distorting my illustrations of natural disasters, it would give it an urgency, and a sense of speed and panic.

Image from http://www.marianneboeskygallery.com/artists/kon-trubkovich/


No comments:

Post a Comment