Monday 22 November 2010

Print Pathway Aesop's Fables


Paul Hickey/ For lesson 16/11/2010

How many prints did you make this week?

This week was more about putting my prints together to create compositions, and making more mock ups of the final book.

How many of these taught you something new?

With each mock book I made I came up with alternative ideas of compositions, and ways of neatening the book so that all of the pages are of the same thickness once all has been folded.

How many hours did you spend in the Print making workshop?

Not many this week. I didn't really need to be in there to do these things.

Competence in the practical printmaking technique 0 - I didn't do any printmaking this week, but I concentrated on what I had already done, so I am more focussed on what I need to do in the remaining lessons I have in the workshop.

Thoughtful and imaginative use of printmaking 60-69 - I feel I was quite imaginative with what I was doing. I began layering my prints on Photoshop, and adjusting the effects and colourful to further suit the mood and atmosphere in the story.

Visual sensibility; understanding and expressing ideas 60-69 - I think I showed this in using photoshop, where I could further increase the prints' relevance.

Using research to expand knowledge, enrich thinking and affect your work 50-59 - As can be seen from a previous blog entry I visited the Tate modern to see the Chapman Brothers' etchings as well as having a talk from Katherina Manolessou, made me realise that for print to be effective, it doesn't necessarily need to be heavily detailed or full of colour, but just a few appropriately selected. So this is what I am aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment